Monday, October 22, 2012
Here are some things going on today right here in Westwood. To get your event in a 5 Things column, be sure to add it to our Events Calendar.
1. Take a look at today's Westwood Police Log. 2. The Planning Board will meet tonight at 6:30 p.m. The first hour will focus on University Station. 3. The Board of Selectmen will meet tonight at 7:30 p.m. It will begin with a public hearing on tax classification. 4. If you like to swim, you should know the schedule of the Westwood Pool, as well as membership information. 5. If you haven't done so yet, then you'll want to sign up for our newsletter. You'll get headlines delivered right to your inbox every morning, and breaking news will get sent as well.
Friday, October 19, 2012
Here are some things happening here in Westwood that you might be interested in.
1. Yesterday was the last day that the main branch of the Westwood Public Library was open. Be sure to check out the Islington Branch for all of your library needs. 2. Basketball players and parents of basketball players: Coach St. Martin and Coach Clark's "Harvest Hoops" 3 v 3 Tournament is on November 4. BUT, you must register by tomorrow. 3. Westwood Police make an arrest for an OUI. 4. Read about a high school freshman who's found a way to combine his love for biking with giving back to the community. 5. Follow Westwood Patch on Twitter. Our handle is @WestwoodPatch.
Thursday, October 18, 2012
Here are some things to know right here in Westwood.
1. Do you like staying in the know with Social Media? Then how about following us on Twitter? Our handle is @WestwoodPatch. 2. Here's some information about the new barrels for the Trash and Recycling program. 3. If you're a photography fan, then you should enter out pumpkin photo contest. Best photo wins a $25 gift card to a local business. 4. Remember to wear your home uniforms if you play a sport at the high school. It's picture day! 5. Speaking of Wolverines athletics, it's senior day for the girls swim team. They're hosting Apponequet.
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
Here are some things to know here in Westwood today, October 16, 2012.
1. There will be a joint meeting with the Planning Board, Board of Selectmen and the Finance and Warrant Commission to discuss University Station at 7:30 p.m. tonight at the Thurston Middle School. 2. Parents, make sure you're aware of tomorrow's early release day from Westwood Public Schools so you know what time to expect your children to get home. 3. If you're on Facebook, then you're going to want to Like Westwood Patch's Facebook page. Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone everyday with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here. 4. If you haven't heard about Deerfield School principal Allan Cameron winning the prestigious Milken Educator Award, then read about it …
Monday, October 15, 2012
Here are some things of interest right here in Westwood for today, October 15, 2012.
1. Tomorrow there will be a joint public meeting to discuss the University Station Development. The Board of Selectment, Planning Board and Finance and Warrant Commission will be hosting this meeting. The meeting will be held in the Middle School cafeteria at 7:30 p.m. 2. Tonight is the Westwood Little League Annual Meeting. The meeting will be at 7:30 p.m. at the Middle School auditorium. 3. The Westwood Police Department made an an arrest at the Budget Inn recently. 4. Parents, be aware that there will be an early release day for Westwood Public Schools on Wednesday. The Deerfield Elementary School will be released at 11:25 a.m. Elementary schools will get out at 11:50 a.m. The high school will get out at 12:50 p.m. and the middle school…
Wednesday, October 10, 2012
Here are five things you might be interested in if you live in Westwood.
1. It's getting closer and closer to election day. Make sure you have all the correct information about when and how to register to vote, as well as what you need to do if you require an absentee ballot. Westwood Town Clerk Dottie Powers has shared this important information with Westwood Patch. 2. How about something fun to participate in? We're looking for the best fall foliage photographs. Just submit them here and you could win a $25 gift card! 3. A little movement on the University Station project last night with the selection of a peer review consultant. Now we want to know what you'd like to to know most about the University Station project. 4. A busy day in athletics for Westwood High today. Boys golf is in action against …
Tuesday, October 9, 2012
Here are some things you may be interested in right here in Westwood today.
1. Jonathan Fairbanks, Director of the Fuller Museum, will speak about collecting crafts at the Westwood Historical Society tonight at 7:30. 2. There are a number of Boards and Committees meeting in Westwood this week. Take a look to see when they meet so you'll know when the issues you're interested in will be discussed. 3. Three Wolverines teams are in action today. The girls swim team will compete against Bishop Feehan on the road, while the boys and girls soccer teams are in action as well. The boys will play at Medway, while the girls will host Medway. 4. There will be storytime at the Islington Branch of the Public Library today at 9:30 a.m. This is fun for children ages three and up! 5. Are you on Facebook? Then head over to …
Monday, October 8, 2012
Here are some things of interest in Westwood.
1. There is no school in Westwood today in celebration of Columbus Day. 2. Due to the holiday, there are also no town meetings; however, tomorrow there are a number of meetings, including Planning Board, Board of Assessors, Board of Health and the Board of Library Trustees. Check the town calendar for details on the agendas for these meetings. 3. Parents of students at the Hanlon School might want to have their children dress their best tomorrow because it's Picture Day! 4. A reminder that one week from today is Westwood Little League's Annual Meeting. 5. Looking for something to do to kill some time today? You might want to check out an estate sale that's happening on Margery Ln.
Friday, October 5, 2012
Here are some things you might be interested in knowing right here in Westwood.
1. A reminder to parents as we head to the weekend- there will be no school for Westwood Public School students on Monday in celebration of Columbus Day. 2. If you're child attends the Hanlon School, don't forget that Picture Day is on Tuesday October 9. 3. The Planning Board will meet on Tuesday, October 9. Prior to the meeting they will interview two candidates for peer review consulting services for the University Station project. The meeting will then begin with discussions related to University Station. 4. The only varsity game on the schedule today for Westwood High is the volleyball team, who will host Dedham at 6 p.m. 5. If you haven't done so yet, why don't you like us on Facebook?
Thursday, October 4, 2012
On the day of the Presidential Election, the FBI announced they are seeking a former Xaverian student for terrorism.
1. A former student at Xaverian is wanted for terrorism by the FBI. 2. The Westwood Republican Town Committee let Patch join them at their private viewing party of the Presidential debate. Take a look at some of their reactions and a little of what they had to say. 3. The Westwood Public Library (Islington Branch) is having Lego-Mania today at 3:45 p.m. for kids in kindergarten and up. 4. Westwood High School is having Curriculum Night tonight at 7 p.m. 5. In Wolverines athletics, boys soccer and field hockey are home today.