Westwood Town Clerk Dottie Powers submitted the following information:
The State Election will be held on Tuesday, November 6, 2012
- The last day to register to vote and change party enrollment is Wednesday, October 17, 2012. The Town Clerks’ office will hold special hours from 8:30 a.m. until 8:00 p.m.
Please contact the Town clerk’s office prior to October 17th to confirm your voting status if any of the following may apply to you:
- You are a new resident; your voter registration does not move with you, you have to re-register to vote in Westwood
- You have not returned a 2012 Annual Town Census( by not doing this, you may have been placed on the inactive voting list)
- You have recently moved within Westwood
Absentee ballot information:
Absentee ballots are now available in the Town clerks office.
Registered voters may vote by absentee ballot if you:
- will be absent from town on election day, and/or
- have a physical disability that prevents your voting at the polling place, and/or
- cannot vote at the polls due to religious beliefs.
In order to vote by absentee ballot, you must first submit an application or any written form of communication with your signature to the Town Clerks office.
Once your application is received you will be mailed a ballot or you may vote in person at the Town clerk’s office during normal business hours which are Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.; Tuesday from 8:30 a.m.-7:00 p.m. and Friday from 8:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
The deadline for applying for an absentee ballot is 12 noon on Monday, November 5, 2012.
Absentee ballots must be returned either by mail or in person to the Town Clerk no later than 8:00 p.m. on Election Day, Tuesday, November 6, 2012.
Please contact Town Clerk Dottie Powers at (781)326-3964 or (781)320-1013 if you need any additional information.