As the Westwood Police and Fire Departments scoured the streets on Sunday assessing damages left from Saturday's early winter storm, safety officials responded to Thatcher Street on Sunday to deal with a fire caused by downed wires.
Two live wires sparked a small blaze in front of 122 Thatcher Street around 1:30 p.m. Sunday; the fire was located on the exterior of an electric meter at the residence.
Fire and Police crews, as well as an NSTAR official, closed down a large chunk of Thatcher Street to control the live wires, which caused a large plume of smoke as they sat on the ground.
A resident of the home helped control the fire with a dry chemical extinguisher, according to Westwood Fire Captain Steven Lund.
No immediate structural damage was reported, or were any injuries were reported as a result of the incident.