Westwood DPW Activity: June 25-July 1
Roadside mowing, catch basin repairs and a guard rail installation are planned this week.
Below is a roundup of what the Westwood Department of Public Works will be up to on the roads this week in town:
- The town sweeper will be out on main drags throughout the week.
- Maintenance crews will be out mowing and maintaining town-owned property.
- Crews will be out maintaining all town owned properties and municipal buildings.
- Fields and grounds crews will be out mowing and maintaining all athletic fields and preparing them each day for all after school programs.
- Catch basin repairs will take place over the next few weeks at the corner of Spellman Road, University Avenue and Forbes Road.
- Roadside mowing will continue on all main roads.
- The street light contractor will continue working to replace street lights that are out.
- Installation of a small timber guard rail is scheduled for Monday along Gay Street by Deerfield Ave.
- If you get a chance to drive through the cemeteries, please do. A lot of work has gone into making them beautiful.
- Veteran’s markers and foundations for stone deliveries will be installed this week in the cemetery.
- Sidewalk repairs will be made in front of the Sheehan School on Pond Street.
Have a question for the DPW? Let us know in the comments section below or send a note to email@example.com.