Swim and Sing in and Around Westwood
Family fun can be found all around in Westwood this week.
We've assembled a weekly calendar of kid-friendly activities and new places to try out with children.
Each week, we'll give you the info on the five best family activities or events for the week.
You're time-pressed enough, so we're happy to do the research and find the best things to do and places to go, both locally and within reasonable striking distance.
Look for the kids’ planner each Wednesday, and help us build the planner with your own suggestions and tips — just add them to the comment box. Even if you disagree with our picks, let us know. We want to hear from you!
FAMILY BEST BETS OF THE WEEK
- Where/When: The Center at Westwood’s Meditation Hall, 590 Gay St, Wednesday, 7:15–8:30 p.m.
- Why Go: Laugh together with certified yoga instructors. All ages welcome to join this uplifting experience.
- Pricing: $10; for details call 508-660-2223.
- Where/When: Hale Reservation, 80 Carby St., meet at Trading Post, Thursday, 6-8 p.m.
- Why Go: Families join Hale staff on a search for animal tracks. Participants will learn to identify them under the full moon. Dress for the weather.
- Pricing: Free with pre-registration. Call 781-326-1770.
- Where/When: Westwood Senior Center, 60 Nahatan St., Thursday, 10- 10:45 a.m.
- Why Go: An intergenerational event for all ages. Enjoy the choral and instrumental talents of the Westwood High School music department as they perform.
- Pricing: Free
- Where/When: The Vanderbilt Club, 45 Vanderbilt Ave., Norwood. Saturday through Monday, 1-5 p.m.
- Why go: Take the family swimming during this winter vacation and experience a little summer during these winter days. Get the cobwebs out of your flippers.
- Pricing: $8 per person when you mention the Patch.com.
- Where/When: Westwood High School, 220 Nahatan St. Sunday, 6:00pm
- Why go: Enjoy great basketball, raffles, and halftime family entertainment as you cheer on the Wolverines. Support your town during this family activity!
- Pricing: Free for 5th grade and under. Nominal fee for all others.