5 Things You Need to Know Today in Westwood: Sept 5
Here are some things everyone in Westwood should know about.
1. The Friends of Westwood Performing Arts will be holding their first meeting tonight at 7 p.m. at the First Parish of Westwood, which is located at 340 Clapboardtree St. As this is the first meeting of the year, this will be an organizational meeting to start the year off. Anyone who is interested in helping out the music and theatre experiences for Westwood students and the entire community is welcome to attend.
2. The primary election is being held tomorrow. Be sure to know where your voting location is. Precinct 1 will vote at the Westwood Senior Center (60 Nahatan St.). Precinct 2 will vote at the Sheehan School (549 Pond St.). Precinct 3 will vote at the Hanlon School (790 Gay St.). Precinct 4 will vote at the Downey School (250 Downey St.). If you have any questions about voting, contact the Town Clerk's office.
3. Yesterday was the first day of school here in Westwood. What was your favorite part of the day? And what was the most surprising thing about the first day?
4. The Westwood/Dover Pop Warner teams kicked off their seasons this past weekend. Two out of three teams won their opening games! Congratulations go out to all the players, and the cheerleaders as well, who kept everyone entertained at halftime and throughout the games.
5. We're still looking for bloggers on Westwood Patch. You can write about any topic you want. You don't have to be an expert on the subject, and you don't have to be a professional writer. This is a way you can share your opinions with lots of other people. You can also share information with everyone in Westwood about things you know about and are passionate about. All you have to do is sign up.